Walk Through the Native Plants Garden
The RCSWMA Native Plants Garden shows visitors low-maintenance gardening with environmental and aesthetic benefits. Visitors can easily imagine using native plants in their own home garden or in other public spaces.
Some benefits of Landscaping with native plants include:
- Reduced erosion and flooding.
- Native plants promote improved soil structure for holding and absorbing water.
- Water conservation.
- Native plants are drought-resistant, eliminating the need for sprinkler systems.
- Using native plants reduces or eliminates use of fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides.
- By practicing ecological landscaping, even on a small scale, any homeowner can positively impact the local environment.